Administration & Facilities/Property Management
Daily administration and management of the fire department is conducted by a Fire Chief, one Assistant Chief, four Deputy Fire Chiefs, and five Division Chiefs.
Any questions on CPR, AED, First Aid classes, blood pressure checks, station tours and show and tells, or any other general questions should be directed to the Administration Division at 253.856.4300.
The Finance Division is responsible for budget preparation and maintaining good stewardship and accountability of public funds. The Finance Division is in charge of the following areas:
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Financial Planning Through Strategic Financial Forecasting and Budget Preparation
- Financial Reporting and Management
Any budget questions, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable questions should be directed to Finance at 253.856.4310.
Puget Sound Fire employs a total of 315 employees comprised of 260 uniformed and 47 civilian personnel. The Human Resources Division is dedicated to providing guidance to enable all our employees to better serve our citizens and keep our community safe as well as helping our organization run efficiently.
Human Resources Duties Include:
- Recruiting Qualified Individuals
- Administration of Compensation and Benefits
- Labor and Personnel Relations
- Treating Employees with Dignity and Equality while Maintaining Compliance with Employment and Labor Laws, Department Policies, and Labor Agreements
- Providing an Accurate and Timely semi-monthly Payroll for all Department Employees
For more information about current job opportunities and employment with the Puget Sound RFA, please see our Employment Opportunities page.
Facilities and Property Management
Under the direction of the Division Chief, the Facilities and Property Management division facilitates the acquisition and purchase/lease of land and/or facilities, construction of new facilities, and coordinates facilities and ground maintenance at all department facilities.