Chaplain / Crisis Intervention Coordinator
Chaplaincy Program Overview
The Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority Chaplaincy Program provides:
- Assistance to Puget Sound Fire personnel related to Critical Incident Stress Management
- Coordination with employees and their families on different ways to reduce stress reactions and promote emotional health and wellness within the organization
- Assistance to fire personnel at emergency situations
- On call services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Responds, at the request of firefighters, to emergency scenes involving extreme trauma almost always involving a death
- Short term physical, emotional, and spiritual care, comfort, and compassion to the community members affected by these tragedies
While on emergency scenes chaplains assist family members as a liaison between firefighters, police officers, and medical examiner investigators. They often help families make funeral home arrangements and assist them in saying their last goodbyes before their loved one is removed from the scene. Chaplains are often called upon to deliver death notifications, telling a family that a loved one has died.
Puget Sound Fire chaplains serve the organization and the community in a non-denominational capacity and work with people from all different faith backgrounds.
- Phone: (253) 856-6826
- Email: email@example.com