Public Information Officer
The Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority’s Public Information Officer is on duty 24/7/365 to assist the public, media, and incident command system by:
- Helping residents and businesses affected by fire or other hazardous situations.
- Being a liaison for Red Cross or other public agencies.
- Working with news agencies at the scene of an incident or following an incident by providing interviews, updates, and media releases.
- Providing support to an incident commander as part of the command staff at an emergency scene.
In addition, the PIO also:
- Assists the Office of Emergency Management during a disaster under Emergency Support Function (ESF) 15.
- Provides a public information officer to other jurisdictions when requested.
For further information, please contact:
Captain Kyle Ohashi, Public Information Officer
On-Duty PIO – 206-972-4082